Music Downloads: iTunes, etc.
Also see: Osho_Rajneesh_Corruption.html
Also see: K_Osho_UG_etc.htmlRajneesh (Osho)’s Fraud
A review of the movie "GURU - Bhagwan, His Secretary & His Bodyguard"
15 May 2010 -- By Reza Ganjavi
I saw a new Swiss documentary movie about Rajneesh (Osho)’s, “GURU -
Bhagwan, His Secretary & His Bodyguard”. The thrilling movie
depicted an ambitious and talented businessman / ex-philosophy
professor, a crook,
who abused people’s gullibility to rise to great heights materially and
then his fall. Osho was a crook but the people who followed him were
also responsible for the misery they led him onto. If he was a good man
he would have said, don't follow me, but instead he encouraged them to
follow him and give him lots of free service and lots of money and
power and position.
The narrators were mostly his personal body guard and his secretary, both of whom broke up with him by the end of the saga.
Here are my notes from the movie and further research [and comments in brackets].
- Secretary: his book “from sex to supreme consciousness” got the attention of 600 million people.
- Followers started calling him Bagwan. He accepted it. [Followers make the guru].
- Rajneesh (Osho) gave them new name, new clothes, new image [but inside nothing fundamentally changed].
- Bodyguard: His moto was “Surrender to me and I will transform you. That is my promise.”
- Bodyguard: Rajneesh (Osho) encouraged him to have sex. Later in Pune, he could have any woman he wanted. He had sex with several different women every week. [I have a friend who went to Pune and reported the same promiscuous decadent behavior”.
- Rajneesh (Osho) claimed to be enlightened.
- Movie showed scenes of “therapy” with people doing all kinds of weird things. One therapy session involved a group of naked people dancing and so on.
- Movie showed Osho rubbing forehead of women in a party that resembled a masturbating movement while others danced and made strange moves and he moved woman to woman.
- Secretary talked about all the women who wanted to have sex with Rajneesh (Osho) [and probably did though she did not say so].
- Rajneesh (Osho)’s followers worked 12 hours a day with no pay. The commune in India had 5000 people living in it in 1981. And another 15000 worked outside and sent in money.
- Rajneesh (Osho) referred to his movement as “materialistic and spiritual” – and as a new experiment. [Indeed it was an experiment for him: how and Indian man from a little town can end up with numerous Rolls Royces and get thousands of gullible people to work for him for free. I just read that he had 93 Rolls Royces and drove with a different one everyday. His followers wanted to buy him 365 Rolls Royces so every day he drives in a different one].
- Secretary: Rajneesh (Osho) had the ambition to go in Guinness Book of World Records as the man with the most Rolls Royces. The movie shows that in Oregon while his people sweated everyday working long hours as construction workers he drove with a different Rolls and greeted them once a day.
- Visitors put flowers on Rajneesh (Osho)’s car. He ordered his secretary to sell flowers for people who want to greet him so they make profit from flowers too [smart businessman] “he knew Capitalism till the end”.
- 30 of them went to USA. As they landed, Rajneesh (Osho) declared “I am the massaiah America has been waiting for”. Secretary said Bombay was flirting, Poona was foreplay, USA was action.
- Secretary spent $5M buying land for commune in Oregon without checking zoning. It was zoned for 6 people. In 1 year, 2500 people lived there.
- Rajneesh (Osho) said: “only bring in people who are good at work”.
- Bodyguard: “many of the things that Rajneesh (Osho) did were criminal”.
- In 1982 they created a city. His city in Oregon became paramilitary and armed. There were armed guards at Rajneesh (Osho)’s talks. They started controlling the phones and reading all mail of the residents. The community became a dictatorship [no surprise]. If you complained you were kicked out or punished.
- They brought homeless people to win their vote but once law changed (to discard new registrations) they let go of them. At rumor of FBI/CIA being around she threatened that for every person killed she will order 15 killed in retaliation.
- Meanwhile Rajneesh (Osho) spent a long time in silence [no wonder, he’s got 1000’s of slaves working for him for free, and regularly new cars and massive amounts of donations, so why should he say anything to risk it!!]
- They set up arranged marriages to make foreigners stay.
- Rajneesh (Osho) felt so miserable despite all these riches that he was pumped with drugs including valium regularly.
- Rajneesh (Osho) admitted to being a showman.
- Rajneesh (Osho) was a convicted criminal who was deported from the USA. He was issued a thirty-five-count indictment in Multnomah County, Oregon in 1985 for immigration violations, making false statements on his visa application. He was fined $400,000 and was deported. Twenty-one countries denied him entry so he ended up in Pune where he died in 1990 at the age of 58.
His books still sell very well because he speaks at a simple and
shallow level most people who don’t want to or can’t dig too deep can
relate to. The stuff I read were all too shallow, but if it works for
people, so be it.
- After the movie, a newcomer to this told me: “his followers want to find themselves but they all look like they lost themselves".
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: ALL AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDINGS, WRITINGS, COMPILATION, AND OTHER WORKS BY REZA GANJAVI ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT LAWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.