| || Biography |
Life Is Art Is Life
- 1974 Matura Typus B / Grammar School in Berne CH
- 1975-78 Tried to live the antiestablishment
hippie way of life in a community of 12 people...
smells and scents of cannabis in whole house...
- 1975-81 Art Teacher studies at Bern' School
of Art&Design. During this time period, conflicts
arose between wanting to be a free artist and
depending on Daddy's financial support. Trying
to lead a double life resulted in alcohol problems,
which you can see in pictures from that period.
- 1978-79 Studied abroad semester at Epsom School
of Art&Design, London GB. If not in pubs, I spent
most of my time in London's fantastic museums.
I appreciated mostly British painters like Turner,
Constable, Bacon and French like Manet, Vuillard
and my all time favorite: Georges Braque !
- Loved the British and their sense of humor,
but hated their food!
I had hallucinations of fresh vegetable and Swiss
"Birchermüesli"! he he) Started
to paint in oil. Saw Frank Zappa and Spirit concerts
- 1983-84 I lived in an alternative community
in Italian Alps, cut off from the rest of civilization,
(no radio TV or newspapers) we were eating ultra
fresh eggs, breeding sheep, shitting under open
sky and chasing flies :-)
- 1985 to present Every 2nd year: exhibitions
in different Swiss towns with quite a bit of success
- 1985-89 Lived in atelier/studio in an ex-butchery
(loft). Always late in paying my bills! The postman
always rings twice! .-) and compare...!)