History of Hans Straub's MaMuTh Page
- August 2014
- Fixed a number of links. The old FAQ, which was mainly for the now mostly dead newsgroup rec.music.theory, was removed from menu. It will eventually be removed from here.
- June 2007
- 19-tone equal temperament - a first example for the natural application of the modulation theory in alternative tunings.
- July 2005
- Added a page about motif classification in Z5 x Z5 and Z10 x Z10.
- October 2004
- The page on the whole-tone scale is now available in english.
- April 2004
- Section about neutral triads added in the chapter on harmonic structures.
- June 2003
- No news concerning this site directly - but good news for
Topos of Music, Guerino Mazzola's new book, has been
published at last! (Actually already last year, but I
thought I should mention it here...) What started as an
english translation of "Geometry der Töne" was
then vastly enlarged to cover the scientific progress
since 1990 and now represents the current state of the
art in mathematical music theory as well as music
- April 2003
- Finally found the time to extend the mathematics, part 3
part of my thesis - the proof of the central theorem is
outlined now. Also added: some investigations about classification of motifs in different
measures. The latter is in german only.
- October 2001
- Yet another harmonic structure,
quite bizarre this time: based on the whole-tone scale,
but with similar properties as harmonic minor. For now
only in German.
- May 2001
- English version of the page about Scale 57.
- February 2001
- Another example of a harmonic structure in the way of
"On-To-Sû, So-Na-Ta", but slightly more exotic
- with a short music example: Scale 57. For now only in
- August 2000
- Explanation of the theory "On-To-Sû, So-Na-Ta"
is based on now available in English, too.
- Mai 2000
- Added: "On-To-Sû,
So-Na-Ta", an experimental composition based on
a slightly different harmonic structure. An explanation
of the theory beneath it is provided (but for now only in
- April 2000
- Site moved to new server http://home.datacomm.ch. Visit
counter (which had reached about 350 til now) is reset.
- November 1999
- Added: another part of my thesis: Mathematics, part 3.
Thesis converted to HTML.
- July 1999
- The MaMuTh page goes online. The music theory FAQ starts